THERE SHALL COME A STAR Part 1 of 3 FBC-PC12-7-14 AM
Numbers 24:17-19; adapted list from page 177 Dakes study Bible -
This prophecy is from a most unusual place in the Bible record – Balaam’s Prophecy. Gen. 3:15 brings a curse upon Satan – the Virgin birth.
This Prophecy is most unusual in object – The star.
THE STAR AND THE 10 FOLD PROPHECY OF MESSIAH JESUS 24:17-19
1. He shall be seen - Balaam and Barak shall see Him but not now v.17. Literally – “I shall have full view of Him, but the time is far distant”.
Every knee shall bow before the Messiah Jesus and every tongue shall confess – Phil. 2:9-11; Rev. 14:9-11; Isa. 66:22-24.
2. He shall rise – as a Star out of Jacob v.17
The word star has been a symbol of regal power among many nations – Matt.2:1-10. “Rising Star” – Coming Monarch.
3. He shall rule – A Scepter shall rise out of Israel (Jacob) v.17
This same thing was prophesied by Jacob of his son Judah – Gen. 49:10; Psalm 45:6; Heb. 1:8. It expresses the ruling power of Messiah who was to come. Isa. 9:6-7; Dan. 7:13-14; Luke 1:32-33; Rev. 11:15.
4. He shall smite – the extremities (corners of Moab –today’s southern Jordan)-v.17: Psalm 60:8; Isa. 11:14; 16:1-5; 25:10; Jer. 48:47; Dan. 11:40-41.
5. He shall destroy - the children of Seth- vs. 17; Gen. 5:6-8; I Chron. 1:1 = all mankind since Noah. Messiah shall reign until he has put all humanity under authority. I Cor. 15:24-28.
6. He Shall Posses Edom (Sier) Esau-v.18 Psalm 60:8-9; Isa. 11:14; Dan. 11:40-41; Amos 9:12; Obadiah 11-21
7. He shall cause Israel to do valiantly-vs. 18; Isa. 11:14; Zech. 12:5-9;14:14.
8. He shall come out of Jacob (Israel)- vs. 17,19; Gen. 49:10; Isa. 9:6-9; 49:26; 65:9; Matt. 1:1-2; Luke 1:32-33.
9. He shall have dominion-vs.18; Isa 9:6-7; Dan 7:13-14; Zech. 9:10; 14:9 I Cor. 15:24-28; Rev. 11:15; 20:1-10; 22:4-5.
10. He Shall destroy-him that remaineth in the city v.19 This pictures a conquer who defeats His enemies in battle and them seeks out those who escaped. This Christ/Messiah will do after Armageddon when he comes to gather all the redeemed together to set up His 1000 year Kingdom. Matt.25:31-46.
This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free HTML Editor